Italy releases Persian epic in digital format
Rome: The oldest manuscript of Persian epic book in the world `The Shahnameh` (The Book of Kings) has been published digitally in Italy.
The ancient manuscript that is kept in the National Library in Italian city of Florence, was recognised by an Italian scholar during his research in 1978, according to IRNA.
Written by highly revered Persian poet Hakim Abulqasim Ferdowsi, "The Shahnameh" belongs to the 11th century. It is considered a classic among epic Persian poetry and recounts Iran`s mythical and historical past.
The stories of "The Shahnameh" tell the long history of the Iranian people. The book begins with the creation of the world and the origin myths of the arts of civilisation such as fire, cooking, metallurgy and social structures.
Ferdowsi spent over three decades on the book that was written in Persian at a time when Arabic was the main scientific and literary language of Iran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!
- Shedding extra kilos for my next role: Bhumi Pednekar