JK Rowling going back to writing children’s books
London: JK Rowling is returning to writing children’s books following the publication of her first novel for adults ‘The Casual Vacancy.’
The ‘Harry Potter’ author, who has been reluctant to say whether she would return to children’s fiction after finishing the boy wizard series, confirmed that her next book would be for young children.
“As the writer of Harry Potter, I’m always nervous of committing myself to another children’s book, but yes, the next thing I write will be for children,” the Telegraph quoted her as saying.
“I have a lot of things on my laptop currently, including a couple of things for children - for a slightly younger age group than Harry Potter was aimed at - which are nearly done and will, I think, be the next thing I publish. I have run them by my children and they seem to like them which is always a good sign.
“I also have some ideas for another book for adults but it isn’t too far on [in development],” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan to debut as tiger ambassador on Tuesday
- Jenner-Kardashian women grace Cosmopolitan's cover
- 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' will be super duper hit: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- 'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli's ropes in Mohanlal for Rs 1,000 cr project 'Garuda'?
- See in pics: Varun Dhawan's 'Dilwale' diaries!
- Lionsgate picks up rights to 'The Kingkiller Chronicle' books
- Banned New Zealand book to hit US shelves
- Non-conformity Zindabad! The poetic protesters of Pakistan
- 'Family Secrets: The Khan Family Cookbook': Food binds the large Khan family together
- Gut feeling: Have probiotics for improving brain functions