JK Rowling pens new biography of `Harry Potter` character
Los Angeles: Celebrated author J.K. Rowling has written a biography of the lesser-known ‘Harry Potter’ character, Celestina Warbeck, on a fan site.
The Scottish author published the profile of the singer, who is referenced in the popular wizarding book series, though never appearing directly, on fan site - Pottermore - after describing her as one of her favourite unseen characters and likening her to Welsh superstar Dame Shirley Bassey, reports contactmusic.com.
“Celestina Warbeck is one of my favourite `off-stage` characters in the `Harry Potter` series, and has been part of the Potter world ever since its inception,” she was quoted as saying.
“Although we never lay eyes on Celestina during the whole seven volumes of the Potter books, I always imagined her to resemble Shirley Bassey in both looks and style.
“I stole her first name from a friend with whom I worked, years ago, at Amnesty International`s Headquarters in London; `Celestina` was simply begging to be scooped up and attached to a glamorous witch.”
The biography, available to read on the subscription-only site, details the establishment of a choir at wizarding school Hogwarts to cater for Celestina`s talents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Adult film actress Jessica Drake accuses Donald Trump of sexual misconduct
- Happy that protests against Karan Johar's movie are over: Madhur Bhandarkar on 'ADHM' row
- Children helping Angelina Jolie to rethink divorce tactics from Brad Pitt
- Here's how to get glowing skin this Diwali
- Shabana Azmi slammed Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis—Here's why
- Nobel Prize 2016: Bob Dylan yet to respond to committee
- Daughters of Jorasanko: The life and times of women who influenced Tagore
- Twinkle Khanna announces new book titled ‘The Legend Of Lakshmi Prasad’
- Mind Over Money – A book that will help you live a more meaningful life
- New comic book biography for the Beatles legend John Lennon!