JK Rowling pens new biography of `Harry Potter` character
Los Angeles: Celebrated author J.K. Rowling has written a biography of the lesser-known ‘Harry Potter’ character, Celestina Warbeck, on a fan site.
The Scottish author published the profile of the singer, who is referenced in the popular wizarding book series, though never appearing directly, on fan site - Pottermore - after describing her as one of her favourite unseen characters and likening her to Welsh superstar Dame Shirley Bassey, reports contactmusic.com.
“Celestina Warbeck is one of my favourite `off-stage` characters in the `Harry Potter` series, and has been part of the Potter world ever since its inception,” she was quoted as saying.
“Although we never lay eyes on Celestina during the whole seven volumes of the Potter books, I always imagined her to resemble Shirley Bassey in both looks and style.
“I stole her first name from a friend with whom I worked, years ago, at Amnesty International`s Headquarters in London; `Celestina` was simply begging to be scooped up and attached to a glamorous witch.”
The biography, available to read on the subscription-only site, details the establishment of a choir at wizarding school Hogwarts to cater for Celestina`s talents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!