JK Rowling plans more crime thrillers
London: Author JK Rowling has revealed plans to pen many more crime thrillers and create `a series` that will run for longer than her hugely successful seven Harry Potter books.
The 48-year-old novelist, who has written two thrillers under the pen name Robert Galbraith, says she loves the crime genre because she can create as many tales as she likes for her character rather than be tied by a single story line, reportedly.
Her second crime novel featuring detective Cormoran Strike, The Silkworm, topped the Sunday Times bestseller list last month.
Speaking at the Theakstons Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, the multi-millionaire author said she hoped to write "more than" seven books about the detective.
"It`s pretty open ended. I really love writing, so I don`t know that I`ve got an end point in mind.
"One of the things I love about this genre is unlike Harry Potter, where there was a through line, where there was an overarching story, a beginning and end, you are talking about discreet stories. So while a detective lives, you can keep giving him cases," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil': Anushka Sharma smitten with Karan Johar's signature style
- Swedish author Henning Mankell lost battle to cancer
- Kannada actor Shivarajkumar suffers minor heart attack, admitted to hospital
- Oops! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput bump into Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor in a gym!
- Sunny Leone blasts Kerala government for culling stray dogs
- Lionsgate picks up rights to 'The Kingkiller Chronicle' books
- Banned New Zealand book to hit US shelves
- Non-conformity Zindabad! The poetic protesters of Pakistan
- 'Family Secrets: The Khan Family Cookbook': Food binds the large Khan family together
- Gut feeling: Have probiotics for improving brain functions