JK Rowling plans more crime thrillers
London: Author JK Rowling has revealed plans to pen many more crime thrillers and create `a series` that will run for longer than her hugely successful seven Harry Potter books.
The 48-year-old novelist, who has written two thrillers under the pen name Robert Galbraith, says she loves the crime genre because she can create as many tales as she likes for her character rather than be tied by a single story line, reportedly.
Her second crime novel featuring detective Cormoran Strike, The Silkworm, topped the Sunday Times bestseller list last month.
Speaking at the Theakstons Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, the multi-millionaire author said she hoped to write "more than" seven books about the detective.
"It`s pretty open ended. I really love writing, so I don`t know that I`ve got an end point in mind.
"One of the things I love about this genre is unlike Harry Potter, where there was a through line, where there was an overarching story, a beginning and end, you are talking about discreet stories. So while a detective lives, you can keep giving him cases," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Traffic movie review: It is an impressive thriller
- Meet Shifuji Shaurya Bhardwaj: The living legend who played Tiger Shroff's trainer in 'Baaghi'!
- This emotional Instagram post by Arbaaz Khan talks about introspection
- Check out: Rani Mukerji’s first public appearance after baby Adira’s birth
- Adhyayan never said Kangana Ranaut practices black magic, says father Shekhar Suman
- Kalidasa's 'Raghuvamsam' now in English
- 'What Every Man Thinks About Apart From Sex': Book leaves 'Harry Potter' behind to become bestseller
- Arvind Kejriwal launches Emraan Hashmi's book on son defeating cancer
- Emraan Hashmi son turns 'Iron Man'
- Stamps issued to mark William Shakespeare's 400th death anniversary