JK Rowling`s fake author autograph on new book could be worth lot of money
Melbourne: Autographed copies of `The Cuckoo`s Calling` - the new book that JK Rowling wrote under the pseudonym of Robert Galbraith - have topped 1000 dollars on eBay.
Rowling spokeswoman Nicky Stonehill said that she had signed a few copies of her detective novel as `Robert Galbraith.`
Angel Webster of Bauman Rare Books in Manhattan, said that the autographed books have value, News.com.au reported.
She said that the first edition is a scarce commodity and Rowling only signed a handful of them under vague circumstances.
Webster added that it is still soon to know how much money a signed first edition might be worth.
Rowling made no promotional appearances for the book, which was published quietly in April.
The publisher Stonehill has not revealed how readers were able to obtain a signed copy of `The Cuckoo`s Calling.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- You should be prepared for trolls on social media: Amitabh Bachchan
- Ranvir Shorey starrer 'Blue Mountains' to release in April
- I'm not judgmental about any character: Vicky Kaushal
- 'Anaarkali of Aarah' makers file complaint over leaked scenes
- Freedom is main attraction of hip-hop, says rapper Raftaar
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!