John Densmore pens tell-all book about Doors dispute
London: The Doors drummer John Densmore is set reveal all about his longtime feud with bandmates Robby Krieger and Ray Manzarek in a new tell-all book.
The rocker will detail the legal spats between the existing band members in new book ‘The Doors: Unhinged - Jim Morrison’s Legacy Goes on Trial’, the Daily Express reported.
The trio has been at odds for years ever since Densmore blocked Krieger and Manzarek from touring as The Doors of the 21st Century a decade ago. The duo has since adopted the name Riders on the Storm - the title of a Doors hit.
Densmore also famously turned down a 9.4-million-pound offer from bosses at car giants Cadillac for the use of The Doors music in 2002.
Explaining that decision in a tweet last month, Densmore wrote, “Been thinking of Jim today, and how he said he would smash a Buick with a sledgehammer on TV if we did Come On Buick Light My Fire.”
Meanwhile, Krieger and Manzarek have confirmed they will be performing at the Fly Music Festival in India next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bolivian woman wins Gabriel Garcia Marquez short-story prize
- Priya Parmar's novel among NYT's 100 notable books of 2015
- JK Rowling reveals mystery of naming of Harry Potter's child
- Intolerance row: Writers withdraw names from Bangalore Literature Festival
- Havens, menaces or challenges: Forests in literary imagination