Kannada writer UR Ananthamurthy passes away
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: Renowned Kannada writer and Jnanpith awardee UR Ananthamurthy passed away on Friday at the age of 82.
The condition of 82-year old Murthy, admitted 10 days ago, had deteriorated further and it was being closely monitored with multiple support system. He was critical and was supported with dialysis, support for blood pressure, antibiotics for infection, and other measures, Manipal Hospital Medical Director & Chairman - Medical Advisory Board H Sudarshan Ballal told reporters here.
"....Anantha Murthy has been unwell for a while, he had multiple problems including kidney disease for which he had been on dialysis for the last few years......," Ballal had satated.
The late writer was admitted to the hospital with fever and infection.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Chris Martin calls Katrina 'Katrina Kaif Kapoor'
- Ajay Devgn and Kajol creates 'Shivaay' magic in Google and Facebook headquarters! Pics inside
- Check out Katrina Kaif's brand new look in 'Jagga Jasoos'! Pic inside
- This is how Akshay Kumar made his darling daughter Nitara's birthday more special! Pics inside
- B-Town celebs congratulate Sania Mirza on Pan Pacific Open win!
- PM Narendra Modi launches Hamid Ansari's book 'Citizen and Society', says family is India's biggest strength
- Poet behind book about US racism wins 2016 'genius grant'
- Debut novel makes Man Booker Prize shortlist—Check out who all made it!
- Astronaut Scott Kelly's memoir being developed as movie
- ‘One Indian Girl’: Look what Chetan Bhagat has to say – Details inside