Kannada writer UR Ananthamurthy passes away
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: Renowned Kannada writer and Jnanpith awardee UR Ananthamurthy passed away on Friday at the age of 82.
The condition of 82-year old Murthy, admitted 10 days ago, had deteriorated further and it was being closely monitored with multiple support system. He was critical and was supported with dialysis, support for blood pressure, antibiotics for infection, and other measures, Manipal Hospital Medical Director & Chairman - Medical Advisory Board H Sudarshan Ballal told reporters here.
"....Anantha Murthy has been unwell for a while, he had multiple problems including kidney disease for which he had been on dialysis for the last few years......," Ballal had satated.
The late writer was admitted to the hospital with fever and infection.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oops! Kapil Sharma's show to clash with Krushna Abhishek's 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Sanam Re movie review: Amateurish romantic mishmash
- See in pic: Mahesh Bhatt shares sneak peak from 'Raaz 4'!
- 'Thor' Chris Hemsworth's crazy visit to India with wife Elsa Pataky! – See pics
- Dia Mirza hails Sonam Kapoor's 'Neerja'!