Kathryn Bigelow`s next on Indian origin author`s book
Los Angeles: Kathryn Bigelow, the Oscar-winning director of `Hurt Locker` and `Zero Dark Thirty`, is directing a post 9/11 story which is based on a book by Indian origin author Anand Giridhardas.
The film, starring Tom Hardy, will be Bigelow`s next after her Osama bin Laden search drama last year. Giridhardas` book `True American: Murder & Mercy in Texas` has been acquired by Annapurna Pictures and tells the true story of Raisuddin Bhuiyan, a Bangladesh Air Force officer who dreams of immigrating to America and working in technology.
But days after 9/11, an man named Mark Stroman, seeking revenge, walks into the Dallas minimart where Bhuiyan has found temporary work and shoots him, maiming and nearly killing him, reportedly.
Hardy has a number of projects including his turn as Elton John in singer`s biopic `Rocket Man`. He also stars in `The Drop`, `Child 44` and `Splinter Cell`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video alert! Divyanka Tripathi - Vivek Dahiya’s wedding teaser will inspire you to fall in love
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: 'Naira' Shivangi Joshi & 'Kartik' Mohsin Khan in love?
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 629—Abhi ends his relationship with Pragya!
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now
- Know what Salman Khan tweeted after Rajasthan High Court acquitted him in two black buck poaching cases