Kathryn Bigelow`s next on Indian origin author`s book
Los Angeles: Kathryn Bigelow, the Oscar-winning director of `Hurt Locker` and `Zero Dark Thirty`, is directing a post 9/11 story which is based on a book by Indian origin author Anand Giridhardas.
The film, starring Tom Hardy, will be Bigelow`s next after her Osama bin Laden search drama last year. Giridhardas` book `True American: Murder & Mercy in Texas` has been acquired by Annapurna Pictures and tells the true story of Raisuddin Bhuiyan, a Bangladesh Air Force officer who dreams of immigrating to America and working in technology.
But days after 9/11, an man named Mark Stroman, seeking revenge, walks into the Dallas minimart where Bhuiyan has found temporary work and shoots him, maiming and nearly killing him, reportedly.
Hardy has a number of projects including his turn as Elton John in singer`s biopic `Rocket Man`. He also stars in `The Drop`, `Child 44` and `Splinter Cell`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kamal Haasan slams PETA over jallikattu, asks it to ban 'bull riding rodeos' in Trump's US
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- I have learned to make peace with failure: Hrithik Roshan
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!