Lalu releases book on disaster management
New Delhi, Feb 25: A new book explaining how the second largest railway network in the world is managing disasters - both man-made and natural - was released here.
Railways Minister Lalu Prasad released the book, titled "Disaster Management in the Indian Railways", written by Minister of State for Railways, R Velu.
Congratulating Velu for his book, Lalu Prasad said the Indian Railways were the lifeline of the nation and had frequently played an important role in the management of all kinds of disasters.
"Velu`s individual efforts to review disaster management in the Railways through a book are commendable," Lalu Prasad said.
"This book will not only benefit the students and researchers engaged in the study of disaster management, but will also go a long way in helping the Railways administration to review and implement the suggested recommendations so as to bring further improvement in disaster management activities," he added.
Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss was also present at the book launching ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!
- Ranbir Kapoor clicks with Akshay Kumar at the book launch of Twinkle Khanna's 'The Legend Of Lakshmi Prasad'