Lalu releases book on disaster management
New Delhi, Feb 25: A new book explaining how the second largest railway network in the world is managing disasters - both man-made and natural - was released here.
Railways Minister Lalu Prasad released the book, titled "Disaster Management in the Indian Railways", written by Minister of State for Railways, R Velu.
Congratulating Velu for his book, Lalu Prasad said the Indian Railways were the lifeline of the nation and had frequently played an important role in the management of all kinds of disasters.
"Velu`s individual efforts to review disaster management in the Railways through a book are commendable," Lalu Prasad said.
"This book will not only benefit the students and researchers engaged in the study of disaster management, but will also go a long way in helping the Railways administration to review and implement the suggested recommendations so as to bring further improvement in disaster management activities," he added.
Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss was also present at the book launching ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan, Kangana Ranaut meet Narendra Modi over dinner
- Direction, production no more male-dominated: Javed Akhtar
- Akshay Kumar, Vidyut Jamwal to team up for Ahmed Khan's next?
- Bollywood is smitten with love bug, wishes a great Valentine's Day!
- Great to see people value healthy lifestyle: Sonam Kapoor