Library book returned 55 years late!
Washington: A long overdue book has finally been returned to the New York Public Library - 55 years late.
The Daily News says the biography of a 16th-century priest, "Fire of Francis Xavier", was borrowed from the library`s Fort Washington branch April 10, 1958.
Library manager Jennifer Zarr told the newspaper that the book reached them Monday wrapped in a plain brown envelope. There was a cheque for $100 to cover the dues.
Shanghai Daily quoted the librarian as saying that library records do not go back to 1958 and there`s no way to trace who borrowed the book.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Konkona Sen Sharma wins top honour at Mumbai Film Fest
- 'Mango Dreams' a film about India-Pakistan partition survivor received positively at Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival
- Check out these instant snack ideas for Diwali parties
- Here's how Deepika Padukone plans to celebrate her Diwali
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 698: Tanu's friend exposes her real face in front of Abhi
- Paul Beatty's 'shocking' and 'unexpectedly funny' novel 'The Sellout' makes him first American to win Man Booker Prize
- Paul Beatty's 'The Sellout' is first US Booker Prize winner
- Jaipur Literature Fest: Swanand Kirkire, Tahmima Anam among speakers at the event
- Nobel Prize 2016: Bob Dylan yet to respond to committee
- Daughters of Jorasanko: The life and times of women who influenced Tagore