New Delhi: The world of books and litterateurs in India was abuzz with lots of activity, launches and awards. While the Hay Festival debuted in scenic Kerala, grand old writer Khushwant Singh proved that he was still going strong at 96. Here`s literature at a glance in 2010.
- Hay Festival debuts in Kerala as an annual feature.
- Jaipur Literature Festival announces first ever prize for South Asian fiction in English.
- Rana Dasgupta wins the Commonwealth Writers` Prize for ‘Solo’.
- Novelist Salman Rushdie releases second book for children, ‘Luka And the Fire of Life’.
- Bestselling novelist Ken Follett visits India for the first time to promote his new book ‘Fall Of Giants’.
- Poet-writer ONV Kurup honoured with Jnanpith Award.
- Booker Prize winning writer Arundhati Roy in legal tangle for her statements on Kashmir.
- P Lal, founder of Writer`s Workshop, one of the oldest creative publishing houses, dies in Kolkata.
- Manu Joseph`s ‘Serious Men’ bag The Hindu Literary Award.
- Khushwant Singh publishes new novel ‘The Sunset Club’.