Mailer`s steamy sex memoirs sold
New York, April 24: Harvard University has purchased steamy sex memoirs of Pulitzer-winning author Norman Mailer for an undisclosed amount.
Mailer`s former long-time mistress Carole Mallory sold papers to the storied Ivy League institution, where Mailer received a bachelor`s degree in aeronautical engineering.
The material includes lengthy accounts of their sex life and writing lesson`s Mailer gave her.
Carole Mallory saved seven boxes of material she said she collected during Mailer`s weekly visits between 1983 to 1992, while Mailer was married to his sixth and last wife. Mallory says each visit included a writing lesson.
"There`s a 20-page sex scene from an unpublished memoir I wrote called Making Love With Norman. It`s very steamy. Norman was a real man and he knew what he was doing," the New York Post quoted Mallory, as saying.
There`s also an unpublished novel Mallory wrote and Mailer edited titled "When I Fall in Love," about "an Arab with an eye patch who really has 20/20 vision, but wears it to get sympathy."
"There`s a long scene in that which is also based on our sex life. Norman dared me to write a 50-page sex scene, and he lost the bet," she said.
"I thought I should wait until his passing before releasing any of it out of respect to his family," she added.
Neither Mallory nor the school says how much she was paid.
Mailer, who died last November at age 84, sold his own archives to the University of Texas for 2.5 mn dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- I have learned to make peace with failure: Hrithik Roshan
- Monalisa opens up about her televised marriage with Vikrant Singh
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!