Marvel Comics has Muslim girl as Ms Marvel
Los Angeles: Comic book firm Marvel Comics will bring back Ms. Marvel as a 16-year-old Muslim girl called Kamala Khan.
Ms. Marvel, who made her first comic book appearance in 1967, had superhuman strength and precognitive powers. Her real name was Carol Danvers and she was blonde and blue eyed.
In the new comic, Khan has devotedly followed Danvers’ career and takes on her idol`s name after discovering that she has new powers, reports independent.co.uk.
Khan lives in Jersey city with her family who hail from Pakistan. She can shrink and grow her limbs and will eventually be able to shape-shift into other forms.
Ms. Marvel is being written by G. Willow Wilson with art by Adrian Alphone.
They`re working with editor Sana Amanat who said the revival of the character was part of a "desire to explore the Muslim-American diaspora from an authentic perspective" as well as a teenage coming-of-age story.
Wilson, a convert to Islam, said: "I wanted Ms. Marvel to be true-to-life, something real people could relate to, particularly young women."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', rakes in Rs 40 cr on opening day!
- 'Casino Royale' actress Caterina Murino was sleepless over rape cases in India
- 'Madaari' grosses Rs 4.45 crore worldwide on opening day