Mills & Boon turns to rugby romance
London, Jan 06: Mills & Boon, the world’s most prolific romance publisher, has teamed up with Rugby Football Union to create a series of rugby themed romance novels.
The books will feature handsome rugby heroes and their glamorous love interests.
"Our mission statement is to do for rugby what Jilly Cooper did for polo - to give it an air of sexiness and glitz and glamour," said Guardian.co.uk quoted series editor Jenny Hutton as saying.
Clare Somerville, Mills & Boon`s sales and marketing director said: "You don`t have to like rugby to like the books.”
"They`ve got all the elements of a quintessential Mills & Boon romance: jet-set locations, hunky alpha male heroes and hot sex, but in a rugby context," she added.
The first novel to be published is by Sarah Morgan titled The Prince`s Waitress Wife. It will be launched just before the start of the RBS Six Nations Championships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Woohoo! Indian-American Akhil Sharma wins €100,000 Dublin International literary award
- The Literary Express: How trains carried forward
- JK Rowling asks fans to keep Harry Potter play plot a secret
- ‘Crossed & Knotted’ by Readomania ENTERS Limca Book Of Records!
- Naseeruddin Shah wants to write tell-all book on Bollywood