Mills & Boon turns to rugby romance
London, Jan 06: Mills & Boon, the world’s most prolific romance publisher, has teamed up with Rugby Football Union to create a series of rugby themed romance novels.
The books will feature handsome rugby heroes and their glamorous love interests.
"Our mission statement is to do for rugby what Jilly Cooper did for polo - to give it an air of sexiness and glitz and glamour," said Guardian.co.uk quoted series editor Jenny Hutton as saying.
Clare Somerville, Mills & Boon`s sales and marketing director said: "You don`t have to like rugby to like the books.”
"They`ve got all the elements of a quintessential Mills & Boon romance: jet-set locations, hunky alpha male heroes and hot sex, but in a rugby context," she added.
The first novel to be published is by Sarah Morgan titled The Prince`s Waitress Wife. It will be launched just before the start of the RBS Six Nations Championships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'What Every Man Thinks About Apart From Sex': Book leaves 'Harry Potter' behind to become bestseller
- Arvind Kejriwal launches Emraan Hashmi's book on son defeating cancer
- Emraan Hashmi son turns 'Iron Man'
- Stamps issued to mark William Shakespeare's 400th death anniversary
- Book to be penned on Kabir Bedi's mother