Modi writes book on life in the RSS
Ahmedabad, April 15: After senior BJP leader L K Advani's autobiography, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has come up with a book -- on the lives of 16 RSS leaders and what he learnt from them.
The book, 'Jyotipunj', brought out by a Rajkot-based publication was released by senior Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh leader Mohan Bhagwat at a function here on Monday.
"I am not a writer but these are my feelings. I have learnt a lot from them. They have touched my life at some point and I am grateful to be part of their tradition," Modi said.
He said before the emergency was imposed in 1975, he had no experience of writing "as I had just written in answer sheets during examinations".
When all the "good writers" of the Sangh Parivar were behind bars, he was given the task of publishing a booklet, 'Abhay'. "During that time I learnt to write," Modi said.
He added that his first book was released 30 years ago by than Chief Minister of Gujarat Babubhai Jashbhai Patel.
"I don't consider myself a man of literature. I was told by someone that when activiists write it beneifts the people," the Chief Minister said.
He said the book was an attempt to help people on the outside "understand the life of RSS workers. In this book Narendra Modi is nowhere. This is a book about his RSS leaders".
I am not a writer but these are my feelings. I have learnt a lot from them. They have touched my life at some point and I am grateful to be part of their tradition.-Narendra Modi
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karan Johar just revealed something interesting about 'Saifeena'! - Details inside
- Morgan Freeman in talks to star in Disney's 'The Nutcracker and the Four Realms'
- Inspirational! Milind Soman is running barefoot from Ahmedabad to Mumbai – Know why
- Ranveer Singh just shared words of wisdom online and we couldn't agree more!
- Sanjay Dutt rubbishes rumours of rift with Salman Khan! - Read more