Moon Moon Sen may pen coffee table book on mother
Mumbai: Actress Moon Moon Sen is contemplating the idea of penning a coffee table book about her late mother, the reclusive Bengali screen goddess Suchitra Sen. But the book will be sans details of her personal life.
"She (my mother) kept urging me to do a few more films and to write. I suppose now I will write again. Maybe a coffee table book about my mother," said Moon Moon.
"You know, I promised her I`d never write about her personal life. Keeping out her personal details, it`d be very easy for me to wr1ite a coffee table book on my mother," she added.
Suchitra died Jan 17 following a cardiac arrest. She was 82 years old.
For her daughter, "it`s hard to imagine she is gone".
What was she like?
"She was very undemanding as a person. She was the closest to me. But she knew I had my life to lead and came to terms with that. She liked being alone. But it`s not that she didn`t like meeting people. She liked meeting interesting people," said Moon Moon, who was "very spoilt and pampered" by the senior Sen.
During a 26-year career, Suchitra acted in 52 Bengali and seven Hindi films, and she was the biggest star of Bengali cinema.
Moon Moon, who followed in her mother`s footsteps to become an actress, has two daughters, who too are actors.
"I feel my daughter Raima can take over my mother`s histrionic legacy forward and my daughter Riya would take forward my mother`s spiritual legacy."
"During my mother`s final days, Riya was holding her hand through the pain, giving her strength. My mother used to say Riya had the makings of a great comic actress," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Controversies, legal battle – What are they? Kangana Ranaut at her happiest best – See pics
- Kangana Ranaut breaks her silence on ‘black magic’ allegations
- Meet Tommy Singh aka Shahid Kapoor in 'Chitta Ve' from 'Udta Punjab'—Watch!
- Meaning, Rashi and Nakshatra of 10 unique baby boy names inspired by Lord Ganesha
- Tiger Shroff, Shraddha Kapoor's 'Baaghi' crosses Rs 50 cr mark!
- 'What Every Man Thinks About Apart From Sex': Book leaves 'Harry Potter' behind to become bestseller
- Arvind Kejriwal launches Emraan Hashmi's book on son defeating cancer
- Emraan Hashmi son turns 'Iron Man'
- Stamps issued to mark William Shakespeare's 400th death anniversary
- Book to be penned on Kabir Bedi's mother