Narendra Modi`s poems translated in English
New Delhi: A collection of poems penned by Narendra Modi is being published with the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate terming them "screams of thoughts" of things he had faced or imagined.
"I don`t consider my poetry to be extraordinary literary creation. These are screams of thoughts, like a spring of fresh water. Of things I have witnessed, experienced and sometimes imagined," wrote Modi in the foreword to the poems translated by Ravi Mantha, an author and public policy adviser, from Gujarati to English.
Mantha hopes the book will connect the Gujarat chief minister with the people.
"Poetry is nothing but pure emotion. This book has really understand the man behind the public persona of Narendra Modi, and I hope the tens of millions of my English-speaking fellow Indians will now be able to connect directly through his poetry," said Mantha in a statement released Tuesday.
"A Journey: Poems by Narendra Modi" (Rupa Publications) will hit bookshelves around April 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 47: Survival fight continues, inmates stumped by surprise exit!
- Tough times in India: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra on intolerance row
- Response to 'Wazir' trailer makes Bejoy Nambiar 'ecstatic'
- Salman's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' outraces lifetime earnings of '3 Idiots'
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!