NBT book shops to open at two Metro stations
New Delhi: Two Metro stations in the capital will now have NBT Metro book shops following an agreement between the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) and the National Book Trust (NBT), a DMRC official said Tuesday.
"To cultivate reading habit among the Metro commuters and as a pilot project, NBT Metro book shops will be opened at Kashmere Gate and Central Secretariat Metro stations," said the DMRC official.
As per the agreement, the DMRC and NBT will provide books at discounted prices to Metro commuters and Metro employees. NBT book shops would be established in selected Metro stations.
DMRC will also arrange facilities to distribute printed material and handouts of NBT events pertaining to book promotions or the New Delhi World Book Fair through its selected ticket counters.
Similarly, NBT will offer book club membership to interested DMRC employees. It would hold reading sessions and send mobile book lending vans to DMRC staff quarters and Central Industrial Security Force campus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri