NBT book shops to open at two Metro stations
New Delhi: Two Metro stations in the capital will now have NBT Metro book shops following an agreement between the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) and the National Book Trust (NBT), a DMRC official said Tuesday.
"To cultivate reading habit among the Metro commuters and as a pilot project, NBT Metro book shops will be opened at Kashmere Gate and Central Secretariat Metro stations," said the DMRC official.
As per the agreement, the DMRC and NBT will provide books at discounted prices to Metro commuters and Metro employees. NBT book shops would be established in selected Metro stations.
DMRC will also arrange facilities to distribute printed material and handouts of NBT events pertaining to book promotions or the New Delhi World Book Fair through its selected ticket counters.
Similarly, NBT will offer book club membership to interested DMRC employees. It would hold reading sessions and send mobile book lending vans to DMRC staff quarters and Central Industrial Security Force campus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Lily Allen writing a book inspired by Nora Ephron's collection
- Kim Kardashian to update her book of selfies
- Dara Singh's autobiography translated in English, says son
- Book Review: Adolf Hitler's short-lived successor and his contribution