Nobel Prize winning author Vargas Llosa reveals ‘The Discreet Hero’
Zee Media Bureau/Resham Sengar
New Delhi: Peruvian-Spanish writer cum journalist Mario Vargas Llosa, who was the recipient of the 2010 Nobel Prize in literature, is all set to release his next novel named ‘The Discreet Hero’.
The story of the novel is revolves around two influential cities in Vargas Llosa`s past - the Peruvian capital Lima, and the small north-western city of Piura. A prominent daily reported the author as saying on Wednesday that the plot of the novel centres on a small business owner from Piura who is an extortion victim, and a rich Lima entrepreneur whose children want to kill him.
Vargas Llosa added that the key theme of the novel is Peru`s economic development over the past several decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vivek Oberoi returns from Sabarimala, becomes Guruswami
- Anil Kapoor reacts to daughter Sonam Kapoor's Filmfare award win for 'Neerja'
- Raj Kapoor loved his cinema, booze, leading ladies: Rishi Kapoor
- Karan Johar wishes to embrace parenthood, says he has nurturing quality!
- OK Jaanu collections: Shraddha Kapoor and Aditya Roy Kapur starrer mints Rs 15 cr!
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!