Nobel Prize winning author Vargas Llosa reveals ‘The Discreet Hero’
Zee Media Bureau/Resham Sengar
New Delhi: Peruvian-Spanish writer cum journalist Mario Vargas Llosa, who was the recipient of the 2010 Nobel Prize in literature, is all set to release his next novel named ‘The Discreet Hero’.
The story of the novel is revolves around two influential cities in Vargas Llosa`s past - the Peruvian capital Lima, and the small north-western city of Piura. A prominent daily reported the author as saying on Wednesday that the plot of the novel centres on a small business owner from Piura who is an extortion victim, and a rich Lima entrepreneur whose children want to kill him.
Vargas Llosa added that the key theme of the novel is Peru`s economic development over the past several decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi launches Hamid Ansari's book 'Citizen and Society', says family is India's biggest strength
- Poet behind book about US racism wins 2016 'genius grant'
- Debut novel makes Man Booker Prize shortlist—Check out who all made it!
- Astronaut Scott Kelly's memoir being developed as movie
- ‘One Indian Girl’: Look what Chetan Bhagat has to say – Details inside