Now, a literature festival in Taj city
Agra: On the lines of the Jaipur Literature Festival, Agra is set to host a Taj City Literary Festival in February.
Besides book releases, lectures, reading sessions and interaction with authors, the Feb 1-3 festival will focus on impact of social networking sites, micro-blogging, blogging, e-books and contemporary literature.
Bloggers, young authors, poets and film personalities will participate in the festival at 167-year-old St. Peter`s College campus in the heart of the city.
"Agra is the land of Mirza Galib, Nazeer and Meer. Its rich literary heritage has been nurtured by a stream of Hindi and Braj Bhasha poets. The younger generation has to be told of the pioneering contribution of the writers and poets from the past and relate it with contemporary ambience," said Syed Jafri, director of Mirza Ghalib Research Academy and a member of the festival`s organising committee.
"These days, information technology platforms and social media are helping promote instant literature. You write a creative piece, poem or story and post it on Facebook and start getting immediate feedback. In a sense, you are the author, editor, publisher and distributor," said Piyush Pandey, a cyber journalist.
"Coming immediately after the Jaipur festival, the literary conclave will focus on the status of Urdu and Hindi literature and how Bollywood has impacted people`s literary perceptions and tastes," said Jafri.
"The heritage of Braj region, the rich legacy of Ghalib, Soor Das, Raskhan, Amir Khusrau, and others has to be highlighted," Harvijay Bahia, chairman of the festival organising committee, told IANS.
"A rich Mughal ambience will be the flavour. We`ll have music, songs, painting, theatrical performances in the evenings," said St Peter`s College principal John Ferreira.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karan Johar's reaction on hearing Kangana Ranaut's name is EPIC!
- Beyhadh written update, March 28, 2017: Maya shocks Arjun with her pregnancy news!
- Katrina Kaif, Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt and others dazzle at Hello! Hall Of Fame awards—SEE PICS
- Priyanka Chopra starrer 'Quantico' set for a season 3?
- Arbaaz Khan accepts DATING a Romanian beauty, feels there's a long way to go!
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!