Now, Chandigarh to host its own literature festival
Chandigarh: Leading authors of various genres will participate in the first edition of the Chandigarh Literature Festival to be organised here next month.
The two-day literature festival is being organised on Nov 23 and 24 on the sprawling lawns of the Lake Club by the side of Chandigarh`s famous Sukhna Lake.
"The lit fest promises an amazing line-up of internationally renowned authors, exclusive performances by specially commissioned artists, interspersed with topical debates and discussions across varied literary genres... the city shall be the destination of choice for literature lovers," Chandigarh Literary Society chairperson Sumita Misra said here Tuesday.
Some of the authors and celebrities who have confirmed their participation for the event include Bhaskar Ghose, Prasoon Joshi, Ashok Vajpeyi, Kishwar Desai, Madhu Kishwar, Gul Panag, Meghna Pant, Rajeev Dubey, Rahul Bose, Irshad Kamil, Upamanyu Chatterjee, Gobind Mishra and Rahul Pandita, Misra said.
Named `Literati 2013`, the event will have sessions for English, Hindi and Punjabi literature with some interesting sessions like `Exotica is the New Erotica`, `The Four Letter Words: All Between Love & Hate`, `Women and the Paradox of the Modernity`, `Dissent, Discourse & Diaspora`, `Religion and Politics: Oxygen or Position?`.
Several book launches are also planned during Literati, including ‘Helium’ by Jaspreet Singh, and Manisha Gangahar`s ‘Kashmir`s Narratives of Conflict’, said CLS founder member and author Vivek Atray.
"The sprawling lakeside lawns of Lake Club will be transformed to a literary village with bookstalls, paintings, photographs and handicrafts display, live artists at work, coffee corners, and food stalls," said Atray, a Haryana cadre Indian Administrative Service officer.
Founded in 2012, CLS has activated the Chandigarh literary scene by hosting authors including Anupam Kher, Navtej Sarna, Pavan Varma, Ketan Bhagat, Yousuf Saeed and others, besides organizing various workshops for budding authors and short-story and poetry writing competitions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Rohan Mehra instigates India wale Manu Punjabi, Navin Prakash and Manveer Gurjar
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu gears up for the festival of lights– Here’s how
- Court dismisses complaint against AjayDevgn over 'Shivaay' song
- Brad Pitt child abuse case: Investigation extends due to new accusation
- Awwdorable: Kushal Tandon, Gauahar Khan's Twitter conversation is too cute to miss
- Paul Beatty's 'shocking' and 'unexpectedly funny' novel 'The Sellout' makes him first American to win Man Booker Prize
- Paul Beatty's 'The Sellout' is first US Booker Prize winner
- Jaipur Literature Fest: Swanand Kirkire, Tahmima Anam among speakers at the event
- Nobel Prize 2016: Bob Dylan yet to respond to committee
- Daughters of Jorasanko: The life and times of women who influenced Tagore