Original `Schindler`s list` being auctioned on eBay
New York: One of the four existing copies of the Schindler`s list is being auctioned off on eBay with a starting bid of USD 3 million.
California collectors Gary Zimet and Eric Gazin are selling the historical document on behalf of its current owner in Israel, who purchased it for an undisclosed price in 2011, the New York Post reported.
`Free Local Pickup` the listing says, adding, `Item location: Israel.`
The 14-page document, the only one to be owned privately, lists the names of about 800 Jews Oscar Schindler tried to protect from Nazis. He is believed to have eventually saved more than 1,000 Jews from the Nazi regime during World War II.
His story inspired a novel and Steven Spielberg`s Oscar-award winning movie of the same name starring Liam Neeson as Schindler and Ben Kinglsey as his Jewish accountant.
Zimet and Gazin are hoping to raise USD 5 million for the documents. The bidding will go on for 10 days.
"We decided to sell the list on eBay because it has over 100 million worldwide members, and this is a global story. There are billionaires using the site, wealthy celebrities. We like the platform," said Gazin, who is the president of AuctionCause.Com.
Two copies of the Schindler`s list are in Israel`s Yad Vashem Holocaust museum while the third one is in Washington DC`s Holocaust museum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma go 'Tamatar' hunting on 'Sultan' sets—Watch videos!
- I love Karan Patel, but don't want him in my life: Kamya Punjabi
- This magazine cover featuring Ranveer Singh will make women drool over him – See pic
- Clash with Salman Khan's 'Sultan' averted; check out the release date of Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’
- Funny video alert! ‘Housefull 3’ trio - Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh - goes crazy
- 'What Every Man Thinks About Apart From Sex': Book leaves 'Harry Potter' behind to become bestseller
- Arvind Kejriwal launches Emraan Hashmi's book on son defeating cancer
- Emraan Hashmi son turns 'Iron Man'
- Stamps issued to mark William Shakespeare's 400th death anniversary
- Book to be penned on Kabir Bedi's mother