Pakistani author documents Hindu temples in her country
New Delhi: Pakistani author Reema Abbasi will launch here July 23 her new book `Historic Temples in Pakistan - A Call to Conscience` documenting Hindu shrines, and pilgrimage sites in Pakistan through 400 photographs.
The book highlights unreported aspects of harmony, and will act as a window for the people of India, feels Abbasi who will launch the book at India International Centre.
As a researcher and author, Abbasi, along with the photographer Madiha Aijaz, took almost a year to traverse each province and their many crevices to explore antiquated sacred sites.
Abbasi`s book chronicles various pilgrimage sites like Hinglaj, Katas Raj, Kalka cave temple, Panchmukhi Hanuman Mandir and Shivala Mandir located in different areas of Pakistan.
"The purpose of this book is multi-layered," Abbasi said.
"It seeks a journey towards pluralism, preservation of some of the most ancient places in history, tolerance and participation, empowerment of a community, which is facing a major onslaught of hardliner menace towards the north, and promote religious tourism and peace," she added.
Abbasi also feels the book will highlight aspects that often go unreported such as harmony among the people.
"I hope it will be a window to the people in India as we have showcased the fervour of festivals," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan supports 'Dangal' actress Zaira Wasim; says 'you are a role model for me'!
- Deepika Padukone's 'Piku' shattered my misconceptions about Bollywood, says 'xXx...' director
- Vidya Balan's 'Tumhari Sulu' will show her naughty side!
- Akshay Kumar's 'Padman' to show Radhika Apte in a nagging wife's role?
- I have over-sensitivity issues, besides family only Karan Johar can understand me: Shah Rukh Khan
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!