Paul McCartney turns down 5m-pound book deal due to lack of time
London: Former Beatles Paul McCartney has turned down 5 million pounds to write an autobiography, asserting that he is too busy touring and making music.
The 71-year-old singer said that he`s of the opinion that so many people have already told his story so many times, that he doesn`t need to do the work and it`s not something you toss up overnight, the Daily Express reported.
McCartney, who has just ended a North American tour, said that he has a lot on his plate right now and doesn`t have time to write that.
The star added that even if he was very driven to pen down the book, it would take more time than he currently has.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Never wrote open letter to PM about Dawood: Sunil Grover
- Have to be obsessive to play a character: Shah Rukh Khan
- Hrithik Roshan judges his films with first copy itself
- Honesty, sincerity behind 'Dangal' worked in its favour: Director Nitesh Tiwari
- Bollywood stars praise Yuvraj Singh's incredible century!
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!