Paul McCartney turns down 5m-pound book deal due to lack of time
London: Former Beatles Paul McCartney has turned down 5 million pounds to write an autobiography, asserting that he is too busy touring and making music.
The 71-year-old singer said that he`s of the opinion that so many people have already told his story so many times, that he doesn`t need to do the work and it`s not something you toss up overnight, the Daily Express reported.
McCartney, who has just ended a North American tour, said that he has a lot on his plate right now and doesn`t have time to write that.
The star added that even if he was very driven to pen down the book, it would take more time than he currently has.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Court dismisses complaint against AjayDevgn over 'Shivaay' song
- Brad Pitt child abuse case: Investigation extends due to new accusation
- Awwdorable: Kushal Tandon, Gauahar Khan's Twitter conversation is too cute to miss
- Arjun Bijlani's 'Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil' shoot stalled by Shah Rukh Khan fans
- Looking forward to bring 'Battle for Bittora' on screen, says Sonam Kapoor
- Paul Beatty's 'shocking' and 'unexpectedly funny' novel 'The Sellout' makes him first American to win Man Booker Prize
- Paul Beatty's 'The Sellout' is first US Booker Prize winner
- Jaipur Literature Fest: Swanand Kirkire, Tahmima Anam among speakers at the event
- Nobel Prize 2016: Bob Dylan yet to respond to committee
- Daughters of Jorasanko: The life and times of women who influenced Tagore