Penguin forays into world of comics!
New Delhi: Here is some delightful news for little readers of comic books.
Penguin Books India, the country’s leading English language publisher, has made its foray into comic book publishing.
The first two Penguin comics, published this month, are a ‘A Bagful of Mystery’ and ‘Beware in the Graveyard’, comic book versions of Satyajit Ray’s immensely popular Feluda stories, with text by Subhadra Sen Gupta and art by Tapas Guha. For information: Feluda is a professional detective with a super sharp brain. His cousin Topshe and friend Lalmohan Ganguli team up with him to capture devious culprits and solve puzzling mysteries.
Publishing next month is ‘Where’s Hanuman?’, a picture activity book that brilliantly illustrates the most exciting and memorable scenes from the ‘Ramayana’. Each illustration is incredibly vivid and full of astonishing detail; the challenge is to locate Hanuman and his friends from among dozens of other characters and a horde of incidental material.
Penguin Books India has always taken the lead in exploring the newest genres of writing and publishing that are of interest to readers. India’s number one trade publisher is credited to have published India’s first chic-lit novel in English, India’s first English science/fantasy novel, India’s first graphic novel, and the first Ladybird Favourite Tales books (based on Indian stories) to be published outside the UK. Comic books are the latest delightful addition to Penguin India’s growing list of publications.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Controversies, legal battle – What are they? Kangana Ranaut at her happiest best – See pics
- Kangana Ranaut breaks her silence on ‘black magic’ allegations
- Meet Tommy Singh aka Shahid Kapoor in 'Chitta Ve' from 'Udta Punjab'—Watch!
- Meaning, Rashi and Nakshatra of 10 unique baby boy names inspired by Lord Ganesha
- Tiger Shroff, Shraddha Kapoor's 'Baaghi' crosses Rs 50 cr mark!
- 'What Every Man Thinks About Apart From Sex': Book leaves 'Harry Potter' behind to become bestseller
- Arvind Kejriwal launches Emraan Hashmi's book on son defeating cancer
- Emraan Hashmi son turns 'Iron Man'
- Stamps issued to mark William Shakespeare's 400th death anniversary
- Book to be penned on Kabir Bedi's mother
- MUST WATCH: Five amazing similarties between two world leaders - PM Narendra Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin
- BSEAP.org SSC Results 2016: BSEAP 10th X Class SSC Andhra Pradesh Board Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared on May 5 on manabadi.co.in
- Exercise Red Flag: Can IAF pilots outgun American top guns?