Pernia Qureshi`s book a holistic fashion guide
New Delhi: Pernia Qureshi`s debut book ‘Be Stylish with Pernia Qureshi’ will not only be a guide on understanding and honing one`s personal style, but will also reflect the writer`s journey to becoming a full-blown stylist from an "overdressed toddler".
Random House Publishing India is set to launch the book, which will give handy tips on the Do`s and Don`ts for individual body types and personalities, allowing people to embrace their character and create their own "signature look".
The book also makes references to different celebrities that have been styled by Qureshi. Sonam, for example, shares her style choices and the rationale behind them.
The book will be available as a paperback for Rs. 299 that is set to release Oct 16, while a luxe edition will cost Rs. 999 and is tentatively set to be launched Nov 1.
Qureshi says fashion and style has always been an innate part of her.
"I didn`t study fashion or take any classes in style, but I guess you could say it`s always been part of my embroidery. My progression from an overdressed toddler in a sari to a full-blown stylist with my own online boutique has been a journey of passion and imagination, as well as self-knowledge," Qureshi said.
A fashion stylist and costume designer, Qureshi has worked with established names like JJ Valaya and Tarun Tahiliani. She stepped into the role of a costume designer in 2010 when she styled Sonam Kapoor for ‘Aisha’ and she also dressed the actress in the 2011 film ‘Thank You’. She also has an online pop-up shop.
As a child too, she was always fascinated with fashion.
"Although I was just four, I absolutely adored wearing the outfits, jingling around in heavy jewellery. I remember spinning around on stage, seeing my skirt twirling in front of me and feeling so beautiful. This was the first time I felt the transformative power of dressing," she said.
Qureshi believes "the last few years have been a total adventure" for her.
"Since that tummy-flipping moment in 2008 Chanel Spring couture show in Paris , I`ve worked for fashion magazines, on film sets, and even crafted my own clothing line. My career has transported me around the world and across dozens of seasonal trends.
"But whether I`m dressing a movie character like `Aisha` or a model for a shoot, one fact remains the same - one`s outfit must reflect the inside of the person, otherwise it`s simple not stylish," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'The Spectacular Jihad...' inspired by 9/11 attacks
- Jackie Chan opens acting school in China
- I’ve fallen in love with acting, says Lauren Gottlieb
- Pulkit Samrat 'can't wait' to watch 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- History lessons for 'Gour Hari Dastaan' cast
- Shakti Kapoor to play crazy professor in upcoming film
- Playing Kashibai emotionally draining for Priyanka Chopra
- Shraddha Kapoor visits 'Baaghi' set ahead of shoot
- Expert detoxification guide for brides-to-be
- Salman Khan thanks Aamir, Shah Rukh for 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' poster release
- 'Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya blaze'
- Playwright, actor Sam Shepard arrested on drunken driving charge
- Broadway 2014-2015 season is best ever with $1.36 billion in grosses
- Artist sells other's Instagram photo for $90,000
- Vietnam's 'Ceramic King' has over 100,000 antiques
- Haryana to set up three museums
- Indus Valley script numerical, not language: Historian
- Rajkumar Hirani produces his sister's play
- Ramayana miniatures go on show in Canberra
- Teenagers throws spotlight on social issues through theatre
- Paul Walker's 'Fast and Furious' Supra auctioned off for USD 185K
- No winning or losing in art: Helen Mirren
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark