Pippa Middleton’s book is terrible, says US author Jilly Cooper
London: English author Jilly Cooper has said that Pippa Middleton was ill-advised with her debut book ‘Celebrate’.
The 75-year-old, who is one of the few ardent supporters of the Royal family, had to concede that words don’t appear to come naturally to Pippa the younger sister of the Duchess of Cambridge.
“It’s terrible isn’t it?” the Telegraph quoted Cooper as saying
The book is a collection of “personal tips, favourite recipes and useful decorating ideas.”
“The sales have been dreadful, and I hear that the people at Penguin are virtually slitting their wrists over it. To think of all the money they spent on it, too,” she said.
The party planner pocketed a 400,000 pounds advance for the book and her publishers spent a hefty sum on a publicity push for it, but despite a discounted cover price it sold a desultory 2,000 copies in its first week, was derided by the critics for its banality, and sank like a stone on the sales lists thereafter.
“Her first one wasn’t a good idea. I don’t blame her – I think that she was ill-advised,” Cooper said.
“All I can say is that I hope the British don’t demonise her because of it. She seems like a lovely girl and her sister is wonderful,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss season 10: Salman Khan blasts Swami Om; Sahil Anand evicted!
- Check out these 10 essential fashion life hacks that everyone should know!
- Here's how Aamir Khan plans to surprise Kiran Rao on their 11th wedding anniversary!
- Shah Rukh Khan aka Miyan Bhai's dialoguebaazi from 'Raees' takes excitement up a notch!
- Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan to recreate 'Tamma Tamma' magic in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'!
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!
- Ranbir Kapoor clicks with Akshay Kumar at the book launch of Twinkle Khanna's 'The Legend Of Lakshmi Prasad'