Popular author Vince Flynn breathes his last at 47
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Popular and best-selling writer Vince Flynn passed away Wednesday, 19 June in Minnesota after a two-year battle with prostate cancer, according to friends and his publisher, reports a daily.
He was 47.
Flynn was born to an Irish Catholic family in St. Paul and he was the fifth of seven children. He graduated with an economics degree from the University of St. Thomas in 1988, and then went to work as an account and sales marketing specialist with Kraft General Foods. The marketing background proved useful during the promotions of one of his best-selling works ‘Term Limits.’
But he quit his employment with Kraft in 1990 to become a military aviator. Sadly, he was later disqualified due to seizures he used to suffer following a childhood car accident. Banned from becoming a military aviator, he moved to penning down thrilling stories.
The daily reports that Flynn was diagnosed with stage three metastatic prostate cancer in November 2010. The fatigue from his radiation treatments came in way of his writing, and in October 2011, he reluctantly postponed publishing his 13th book, ‘Kill Shot,’ for several months.
A source told the daily that Vlynn never showed any dejection about dying at such a young age.
He was supporting himself by being a bartender when he self-published his first novel, ‘Term Limits,’ in 1997 after getting more than 60 rejection letters. Post the book gained huge popularity, Pocket Books, a Simon & Schuster imprint, signed Flynn for a two-book contract and ‘Term Limits’ became a New York Times best-seller in paperback.
Flynn’s fan following consists of popular names like George W. Bush and Bill Clinton.
The author is survived by his wife, Lysa Flynn and three children. A Mass will be celebrated Monday morning at the Cathedral of St. Paul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!