Quiz book introduces children`s to flora, fauna
New Delhi: What is the local name for the Indian gooseberry tree? Which animal is known as firefox? What are fish eggs known as? Interesting questions like these fill pages of a children`s quiz book as it introduces them to flora and fauna.
This 216-page book "The Wild Wisdom Quiz Book" (Puffin, Rs.199) was launched in the national capital Thursday and is full with facts and trivia related to the world of flora and fauna.
The publishers have launched the book in partnership with the WWF-India, which has been organising the Wild Wisdom Quiz contest since 2008 and this book is a compilation of questions asked in these contests.
"We don`t want the children to memories these questions, but we want to stroke a sense of curiosity among them and introduce them to the environment," said Mita Nangia Goswami, director, environment education, WWF-India.
The easy to read quiz book is divided into seven parts: plants, fishes, arthropods and annelids, amphibians and reptiles, mammals, birds and potpourri.
Each section is divided into questions and answer section, and is equally supported by small graphics of animals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidhu to bring Kapil Sharma and Sunil Grover TOGETHER! Here's what you should know
- Noted Yakshagana artiste Gerukatte Gangaiah Shetty collapses on stage, dies
- Former Miss India Priyadarshini Chatterjee fights for child abuse victim
- Salman Khan feels grounded, all thanks to family and friends!
- Anushka Sharma has found her long-term goal!
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!