Quiz book introduces children`s to flora, fauna
New Delhi: What is the local name for the Indian gooseberry tree? Which animal is known as firefox? What are fish eggs known as? Interesting questions like these fill pages of a children`s quiz book as it introduces them to flora and fauna.
This 216-page book "The Wild Wisdom Quiz Book" (Puffin, Rs.199) was launched in the national capital Thursday and is full with facts and trivia related to the world of flora and fauna.
The publishers have launched the book in partnership with the WWF-India, which has been organising the Wild Wisdom Quiz contest since 2008 and this book is a compilation of questions asked in these contests.
"We don`t want the children to memories these questions, but we want to stroke a sense of curiosity among them and introduce them to the environment," said Mita Nangia Goswami, director, environment education, WWF-India.
The easy to read quiz book is divided into seven parts: plants, fishes, arthropods and annelids, amphibians and reptiles, mammals, birds and potpourri.
Each section is divided into questions and answer section, and is equally supported by small graphics of animals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anoushka Shankar urges Maharashtra government to help horses
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s pregnancy: Know what mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore has to say
- Wedding season special: Tips to pick suitable footwear for different functions
- Deepika Padukone beats Priyanka Chopra to be named sexiest Asian woman!
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui will play THIS in his flick!
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!
- Ranbir Kapoor clicks with Akshay Kumar at the book launch of Twinkle Khanna's 'The Legend Of Lakshmi Prasad'