Rabindranath Tagore focus of Taj literature fest
Agra: Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore finds focus at the three-day literature festival ‘Taj Lit Fest’ which opened here Thursday evening.
Actress Sharmila Tagore was the chief guest and expressed concern over safety of women.
UP Income Tax Commissioner Girish Pandeya inaugurated the festival.
Veteran journalist M.J. Akbar moderated a panel discussion on the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
The second edition of the fest is dominated by Bollywood stars and politicians.
A session Friday was devoted to the blind bard of Braj bhasha, Soordas, to give a local flavour followed by a presentation of Bhagat, a conventional folk musical drama of Agra region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First look of 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' out
- Police file charge sheet against `Peepli-Live` co-director Mahmood Farooqui in rape case
- TV star Pearl V Puri wants to pay tribute to RD Burman
- Watch: John, Anil in `funny wedding` song from` Welcome Back`
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri