Raj Kundra`s book may be adapted into Hollywood film
Mumbai: Businessman Raj Kundra says he is in talks with Hollywood companies to turn his debut book `How Not To Make Money` into a film.
"I just love films. I write as if I am watching a film. Hence, in the head it feels like a film. It has the makings of a film and we are in talks with various Hollywood companies, but it`s too early to say anything," Raj said at the launch of his book here Friday.
"There has been a lot of interest (regarding the film based on tghe book) and the day it happens, we will let you know," added Raj, who is married to Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty.
Supporting her husband, Shilpa said: "I definitely see it becoming a film...a Hollywood film for sure. Raj likes to think big."
She says Raj is a bigger film buff than her, and she also stands true to his name `Raj`, which has been a popular choice of name for many of Shah Rukh Khan`s romantic characters on screen.
"Let me tell you a secret. Raj is even more filmy than me. Raj is as filmy as you can get. He is the ideal Raj, like Raj from `Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge`. For me, it is not surprising that it (book) is a little cinematic because that is how Raj thinks," Shilpa said.
`How Not To Make Money` is the story of three friends who live in London. Raj is a London-based businessman. He married Shilpa in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi launches Hamid Ansari's book 'Citizen and Society', says family is India's biggest strength
- Poet behind book about US racism wins 2016 'genius grant'
- Debut novel makes Man Booker Prize shortlist—Check out who all made it!
- Astronaut Scott Kelly's memoir being developed as movie
- ‘One Indian Girl’: Look what Chetan Bhagat has to say – Details inside