Rare copy of Superman comic book fetches USD 3.2M
New York: A nearly flawless copy of Superman`s comic-book debut has sold for a super-powered price: USD 3.2 million.
New York comics dealers Stephen Fishler and Vincent Zurzolo said today they submitted Sunday`s record-setting bid in the eBay auction for Action Comics No 1. That`s the 1938 book in which the superhero first appeared.
It`s believed to be the highest price ever paid for a comic book.
EBay confirmed the price but hasn`t disclosed the buyer`s name. Seller Darren Adams is a collectibles dealer in Federal Way, Washington.
Fishler and Zurzolo own ComicConnect.Com. It auctioned a high-quality copy of the book in 2011 for a then-record USD 2.1 million.
About 100 copies are believed to exist. Fishler doesn`t have plans for his pricey copy, but he says the opportunity was too good to miss.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Roadside Cafe Street in Agra by the end of 2016
- Ranbir Kapoor is a ladies man in latest VOGUE cover! Picture proof
- Candid Confession! Ranbir Kapoor fell in LOVE with Katrina Kaif during shooting THIS film
- Sonam Kapoor to soon realise her Hollywood dreams? Deets inside
- Priyanka Chopra's Marathi production 'Ventilator' POSTER alert!
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Lily Allen writing a book inspired by Nora Ephron's collection
- Kim Kardashian to update her book of selfies
- Dara Singh's autobiography translated in English, says son
- Book Review: Adolf Hitler's short-lived successor and his contribution