Roli Books partners with British publication for illustrated books
New Delhi: Roli Books entered into a strategic alliance with the British-based publication house Thames and Hudson to market, promote, sell and distribute illustrated books on visual art and culture in the Indian sub-continent.
Thames and Hudson are known for their books in art, archaeology, history, architecture, design, photography, travel, and popular culture.
They are expected to bring over 6,000 books on these subjects in the Indian market.
"At a time when questions are being raised on the future of print, this is an overwhelming statement of intent from our publication," a statement from Roli Books said Monday.
"It strongly believes that readers including students, professionals, collectors, institutions and corporates desire beautifully produced books on art and culture. These books are not only informative references but also make for valuable gifts," the statement added.
Along with this British publication, Roli Books is also bringing along independent art publishers with individual areas of expertise.
German-language publisher Steidl for photography, London-based Laurence King that deals with fashion, graphic and animation design, and British Museum Press are some of the names they are associated with.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar, Subhash Kapoor's candid camaraderie on 'Jolly LLB 2' sets is too much fun – Watch
- 'Dangal' Box Office report: Aamir Khan starrer crosses Rs 100 crore mark in Mumbai
- Angelina Jolie's father wants Brangelina to get back together for kids
- Atif Aslam halts concert midway, rescues female from being harassed! - Watch
- Sunny Pawar meets President Barack Obama
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!