Roli Books partners with British publication for illustrated books
New Delhi: Roli Books entered into a strategic alliance with the British-based publication house Thames and Hudson to market, promote, sell and distribute illustrated books on visual art and culture in the Indian sub-continent.
Thames and Hudson are known for their books in art, archaeology, history, architecture, design, photography, travel, and popular culture.
They are expected to bring over 6,000 books on these subjects in the Indian market.
"At a time when questions are being raised on the future of print, this is an overwhelming statement of intent from our publication," a statement from Roli Books said Monday.
"It strongly believes that readers including students, professionals, collectors, institutions and corporates desire beautifully produced books on art and culture. These books are not only informative references but also make for valuable gifts," the statement added.
Along with this British publication, Roli Books is also bringing along independent art publishers with individual areas of expertise.
German-language publisher Steidl for photography, London-based Laurence King that deals with fashion, graphic and animation design, and British Museum Press are some of the names they are associated with.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Children helping Angelina Jolie to rethink divorce tactics from Brad Pitt
- Here's how to get glowing skin this Diwali
- Shabana Azmi slammed Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis—Here's why
- Aamir Khan refused to do 'Josh', says Mansoor Khan
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 695: Alia fixes Abhi-Tanu's wedding date
- Nobel Prize 2016: Bob Dylan yet to respond to committee
- Daughters of Jorasanko: The life and times of women who influenced Tagore
- Twinkle Khanna announces new book titled ‘The Legend Of Lakshmi Prasad’
- Mind Over Money – A book that will help you live a more meaningful life
- New comic book biography for the Beatles legend John Lennon!