Roman Polanski’s teen sex victim writing tell all book
Wellington: The former teen, whom Roman Polanski was convicted of having sex with, is writing a memoir.
Samantha Geimer, now 47, has a deal with Atria Books for ‘The Girl: Emerging from the Shadow of Roman Polanski.’
Atria, a Simon and Schuster imprint, announced on Tuesday that the book will come out next fall.
According to Atria, Geimer will provide “insight into many dimensions of the story that have never previously been revealed.”
“I am more than ‘Sex Victim Girl,’ a tag the media pinned on me,” Stuff.co.nz quoted Geimer as saying in a statement.
“My friends in junior high, scolded by their parents to stay away from that girl, also labelled me.
“I offer my story now without rage, but with purpose - to share a tale that in its detail will reclaim my identity. I have been dogged by tired thinking and easy tags nearly my entire life. I am not a stick figure. I know what it is like to be a woman and a victim in the realest possible way,” she said.
Geimer’s attorney, Lawrence Silver, will contribute to the book, adding “his insights on the many fascinating and even shocking legal aspects of the story.”
Polanski was accused of plying Geimer with champagne and part of a Quaalude during a 1977 modelling shoot at Jack Nicholson’s house and raping her.
He was initially indicted on six felony counts, including rape by use of drugs, child molesting and sodomy, but pleaded guilty to one count of unlawful sexual intercourse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Baywatch: Priyanka Chopra looks unapologetically stunning in red - See Poster
- Nach Baliye 8: Check out this season’s celebrity contestants
- Malayalam actress abduction case: Congress MLA alleges 'serious lapses' in handling case
- Veteran Arun Kakade selected for META Lifetime Achievement
- Have made my space without backing, support, says Aditi Rao Hydari
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!