Rowling receives Legion of Honour
London, Feb 04: Harry Potter author JK Rowling has been awarded France’s prestigious Legion of Honour.
The 43-year-old writer was knighted by French President Nicholas Sarkozy during a ceremony in the Elysee Palace, reports the Scotsman.
Rowling shot to fame with the publication in 1997 of Harry Potter and the Philosopher`s Stone, the first of her seven-part series about the boy wizard.
The books have sold more than 400 million copies and been translated into 67 languages, including French
The Legion d`honneur is France`s elite national merit society, which was created by Napoleon Bonaparte in the 19th century.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!