Rudd uses `F-word’ at work: Book
Melbourne, July 13: Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd is a foul-mouthed MP, who often launches into expletive-ridden rants in his office, claims a new book.
The co-author of ‘Howard`s End’, Peter van Onselen, destroys Rudd`s goody-two-shoes image by revealing the Prime Minister often uses the F-word in private.
Dr van Onselen said Mr Rudd was more complex than the church-going MP Australians elected as Prime Minister last year and could be as foul-mouthed as any other politician he had studied.
He said that Mr Rudd was "somewhat of a potty-mouth" behind closed doors and was also known for his vile temper.
"There are two Kevin Rudds. There is the Kevin Rudd that his staff gets to see and there is the Kevin Rudd that the Australian public voted for - and they are very different,” News.com.au quoted Dr van Onselen, as saying.
"Staff revealed he `drops the F-bomb`, sometimes directing it at them. He prefers not to swear in front of women, but does in front of men.
"Some of his staff are angered by the hypocrisy of him criticising others who use foul language, when he does so himself behind closed doors."
The book details the lengths to which Mr Rudd went to win leadership of the Opposition and eventually the election, and his efforts to convey the right image - including a decision to cap his teeth.
"In some ways, he used the tactics and approaches Mr Howard used over the years. He had his teeth capped when he came into the public eye, just like John Howard did. Rudd was as much into image as he was into substance,” Dr van Onselen said.
Co-written by Philip Senior, of Sydney University, the book gives juicy accounts of Mr Rudd losing his temper when facing scandals before the 2007 election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dimpy Ganguly's dreamy wedding photoshoot will leave you breathless!
- Katrina Kaif NOT in 'Aankhen 2'!
- Saif Ali Khan’s daughter Sara Ali Khan is dating a politician’s grandson?
- Bollywood 2016: New jodies that set the silverscreen on fire this year
- Preity Zinta-Gene Goodenough set to throw grand reception—Details inside!
- 'What Every Man Thinks About Apart From Sex': Book leaves 'Harry Potter' behind to become bestseller
- Arvind Kejriwal launches Emraan Hashmi's book on son defeating cancer
- Emraan Hashmi son turns 'Iron Man'
- Stamps issued to mark William Shakespeare's 400th death anniversary
- Book to be penned on Kabir Bedi's mother