Sanchez wins Spain`s oldest literature prize
Madrid: Author and newspaper columnist Clara Sanchez, 54, has been awarded the Nadal Prize, Spain`s oldest literature award, media reported Wednesday.
Sanchez won the prize for her novel "Lo que esconde tu nombre" or "What your name hides" about two men in their 80s -- one a former Nazi who lives on the east coast of Spain and the other a survivor of the Mauthausen concentration camp who lives in Argentina.
In the book a young pregnant woman slowly discovers the real identity of her neighbour, the former Nazi, and the role he played at the infamous camp in Austria.
Sanchez writes a column for top-selling Spanish newspaper El Pais and has published eight other books which have been translated into French, German, Greek, Portuguese and Russian, according to her blog.
The Nadal Prize is worth 18,000 euros (26,000 dollars). It has been awarded every year since 1944 by the Barcelona-based Destino publishing house.
Last year the prize went to journalist and author Maruja Torres for her novel "Esperadme en el Cielo" or "Wait for Me in Heaven", in which the protagonist meets old friends, Manolo and Terenci, in heaven.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Do you know where is Katrina Kaif's paradise? Watch video
- Preity Zinta all set to make her first TV show appearance post wedding! – See pic
- Star cast of Jimmy Sheirgill's 'Shorgul' out in this brand new poster! – View pic
- Witness woman power in full glory in 'Housefull 3'! Watch video
- Karan-Bipasha to appear on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic.in 10th Results 2016 CBSE Board: CBSE Class 10th X Exam Result 2016 to be announced today on May 28 at 2 PM
- Mega event today to mark 2 years of BJP govt; Amitabh to host small segment on girl child campaign
- Caught on camera: Gram Panchayat president attempting to rape woman in Mandya