Slumdog’s Rubina Ali to publish memoir
Washington, June 06: Slumdog Millionaire’s nine-year-old star Rubina Ali is ready to tell her life story.
According to reports, the Mumbai resident, who played the young Latika in director Danny Boyle`s Oscar winning movie, is penning a memoir.
The book, Dreaming: My Journey to the Stars, will chronicle her story of growing up in the Mumbai slums instead of her rise to fame, reports Us magazine.
"Rubina brings alive a world of wastelands and rat-infested shanty dwellings, and shows us her home, a wooden shack with a tarpaulin roof, where she grew up with her beloved father and siblings," said a statement released by Transworld Publishers.
The tome will be released in the UK mid July.
Proceeds from the book will be donated to Ali and Medecins du Monde, a French medical aid organization.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia Bhatt heads for a family vacation to Maldives!
- Did you know how many alcohol bottles Nawazuddin Siddiqui crush in 'Raees' trailer?
- All you want to know about Pradosh Vrat!
- All I ever wanted to be was an entertainer, says Ranveer Singh
- 'Befikre' box office report, day 2: Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer continues to impress audience
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!
- Ranbir Kapoor clicks with Akshay Kumar at the book launch of Twinkle Khanna's 'The Legend Of Lakshmi Prasad'