Stephenie Meyer accused of plagiarism
London:`Twilight` author Stephenie Meyer has been accused of plagiarism by an American woman.
Jordan Scott has alleged that the 2008 novel Breaking Dawn has a "striking and substantial similarity" to her 2006 fantasy The Nocturne.
She has now sent a cease and desist letter to the publishers of the fourth book in the hit Twilight series.
Scott has also filed a lawsuit to stop the sale of the novel and seek damages, reports the Daily Express.
According to TMZ.com, Scott notes in legal document that the two texts "show striking, articulable and substantial similarities in the... plot lines, themes, dialogue, mood, setting, pace, characters, sequence of events (and) ideas."
Another argument is that the new book is a "significant literary departure from (Meyer`s) early books" and appears to be "written by a teenager" - just as Jordan’s novel does, as she started writing it when she was just 15.
However, Meyer insists that the charges are "completely without merit."
This is not just the first time that Meyer has been accused of plagiarism.
Her former college roommate Heidi Stanton had filed a lawsuit earlier this year claiming that the hit series was based on a short story she wrote while both of them studied at Brigham Young University, Utah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tiger Shroff starrer 'A Flying Jatt' sequel on cards?
- Amazon Prime Video India partners with Vishesh Films
- Akshay Kumar's 'Gold' based on India's first olympic medal
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 694: Abhi saves Pragya yet again from getting killed
- I am completely against banning Pakistani actors in India: Dibakar Banerjee
- Nobel Prize 2016: Bob Dylan yet to respond to committee
- Daughters of Jorasanko: The life and times of women who influenced Tagore
- Twinkle Khanna announces new book titled ‘The Legend Of Lakshmi Prasad’
- Mind Over Money – A book that will help you live a more meaningful life
- New comic book biography for the Beatles legend John Lennon!