Swift donates books to Tennessee library
London: Pop star Taylor Swift will donate 14,000 books to a library in Tennessee. The 22-year-old is re-stocking the Nashville Public Library, while some of the new Scholastic titles will be sent to low-income children, pre-schools and daycare centres.
According to a website, each book will have a donation plate on the inside cover declaring: `A Gift to the Children of Nashville from Taylor Swift and Scholastic Inc.` Swift has previously shown her support for literacy in the US by donating $68,000 worth of reading material to a library in Pennsylvania.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 731: Robbers threaten to kill Pragya
- Box Office report: Opening day collections of Ranveer Singh's 'Befikre' are out!
- Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor's 'OK Jaanu' new poster is too cute to handle!
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan to come together! No, we are not talking abt a film
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!
- Ranbir Kapoor clicks with Akshay Kumar at the book launch of Twinkle Khanna's 'The Legend Of Lakshmi Prasad'