Swift donates books to Tennessee library
London: Pop star Taylor Swift will donate 14,000 books to a library in Tennessee. The 22-year-old is re-stocking the Nashville Public Library, while some of the new Scholastic titles will be sent to low-income children, pre-schools and daycare centres.
According to a website, each book will have a donation plate on the inside cover declaring: `A Gift to the Children of Nashville from Taylor Swift and Scholastic Inc.` Swift has previously shown her support for literacy in the US by donating $68,000 worth of reading material to a library in Pennsylvania.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan to debut as tiger ambassador on Tuesday
- Jenner-Kardashian women grace Cosmopolitan's cover
- 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' will be super duper hit: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- 'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli's ropes in Mohanlal for Rs 1,000 cr project 'Garuda'?
- See in pics: Varun Dhawan's 'Dilwale' diaries!
- Lionsgate picks up rights to 'The Kingkiller Chronicle' books
- Banned New Zealand book to hit US shelves
- Non-conformity Zindabad! The poetic protesters of Pakistan
- 'Family Secrets: The Khan Family Cookbook': Food binds the large Khan family together
- Gut feeling: Have probiotics for improving brain functions