The Protest Singer - Seeger`s bio
New York, Feb 08: American folk singer Pete Seeger has revealed in his new Seeger bio, "The Protest Singer," that he regrets having been a member of the Communist Party.
Seeger, 89, told the author of his bio, Alec Wilkinson, that he had no idea about the person he was following and should have left sooner.
"I thought Stalin was the brave Secretary Stalin and had no idea how cruel a leader he was," the New York Post quoted him as saying.
"I got out in `49, though . . . I should have left much earlier. It was stupid of me not to . . . I didn`t realize the danger the world was in," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chaitanya Padukone pens book on 'Pancham Da'
- Woohoo! Indian-American Akhil Sharma wins €100,000 Dublin International literary award
- The Literary Express: How trains carried forward
- JK Rowling asks fans to keep Harry Potter play plot a secret
- ‘Crossed & Knotted’ by Readomania ENTERS Limca Book Of Records!