When `Gone with...` almost lost its Rhett!
New York, Sept 29: Late American actor Clark Gable almost walked off the set of ‘Gone With the Wind’ because of racism, reveals an upcoming book.
The biography ‘Victor Fleming’, based on the life of the director of the beloved Hollywood epic, describes how the movie almost lost its Rhett Butler.
Author Michael Sragow writes about how a group of black extras, who were upset at studio bathrooms with "White" and "Colored" signs, approached Gable.
“I’ll be goddamned,” Sragow was quoted as having written about what the jolted star told them.
“He got on the phone to Fleming, who called the prop master and told him, ‘If you don`t get those signs down, you won`t get your Rhett Butler’.
“The signs came down immediately,” Sragow wrote.
The book is scheduled for release in December this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- The Inspiring Journey Of Classic Beauty J Jayalalithaa In The World Of Celluloid
- Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, other film stars express condolence over Jayalalithaa's demise
- Shahid Kapoor sets makeshift gym for 'Padmavati' role!
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!
- 'Befikre' Aditya Chopra makes RARE appearance; pens heart-warming letter on why Ranveer Singh starrer is his 'second first film'!
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!
- Ranbir Kapoor clicks with Akshay Kumar at the book launch of Twinkle Khanna's 'The Legend Of Lakshmi Prasad'