When `Gone with...` almost lost its Rhett!
New York, Sept 29: Late American actor Clark Gable almost walked off the set of ‘Gone With the Wind’ because of racism, reveals an upcoming book.
The biography ‘Victor Fleming’, based on the life of the director of the beloved Hollywood epic, describes how the movie almost lost its Rhett Butler.
Author Michael Sragow writes about how a group of black extras, who were upset at studio bathrooms with "White" and "Colored" signs, approached Gable.
“I’ll be goddamned,” Sragow was quoted as having written about what the jolted star told them.
“He got on the phone to Fleming, who called the prop master and told him, ‘If you don`t get those signs down, you won`t get your Rhett Butler’.
“The signs came down immediately,” Sragow wrote.
The book is scheduled for release in December this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan's HONEST reaction to Salman Khan's 'raped woman' remark! Full story inside
- Bipasha Basu's gorgeous bride avatar on Femina Wedding Times cover! See PIC
- Good news! Fawad Khan to become daddy dear a second time
- Bhai-Bhai! Shah Rukh Khan CYCLING with Salman Khan will wash away your morning blues
- Planning a monsoon wedding? Here’s a perfect guide for you