When `Gone with...` almost lost its Rhett!
New York, Sept 29: Late American actor Clark Gable almost walked off the set of ‘Gone With the Wind’ because of racism, reveals an upcoming book.
The biography ‘Victor Fleming’, based on the life of the director of the beloved Hollywood epic, describes how the movie almost lost its Rhett Butler.
Author Michael Sragow writes about how a group of black extras, who were upset at studio bathrooms with "White" and "Colored" signs, approached Gable.
“I’ll be goddamned,” Sragow was quoted as having written about what the jolted star told them.
“He got on the phone to Fleming, who called the prop master and told him, ‘If you don`t get those signs down, you won`t get your Rhett Butler’.
“The signs came down immediately,” Sragow wrote.
The book is scheduled for release in December this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhur Bhandarkar takes expert advice from Subramanian Swamy for film on emergency? View pics
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!
- Trailer out! Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' will leave you with goosebumps – Watch now
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside
- Being a mom tops my priority list, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan