New book reveals McQueen admitted being HIV positive before suicide
New York: An American journalist has revealed in her new book that Alexander McQueen admitted about being HIV positive before committing suicide.
The Post's Maureen Callahan in her book 'Champagne Supernovas,' has claimed that the late designer revealed about his condition to his friend Chris Bird at a party a few years before his death, reportedly.
The book states that Bird told McQueen that it was a "bloody stupid" act and the HIV status was one of the factors that drove the designer to commit suicide , along with drug use and depression.
Callahan will give a reading of the book at the Strand bookstore in Union Square on September 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Won't let 'Ae Dil Hai Mushqil' and 'Raees' release: Raj Thackeray
- Navratri Special: You simply can not afford to miss Arijit Singh's 'Maiya Teri Jai Jaikaar' – Watch
- Going for skin lightening, whitening solutions? Rethink
- Puberty can change the way how humans recognise faces
- Anushka Sharma does an impromptu gig in Libson
- PM Narendra Modi launches Hamid Ansari's book 'Citizen and Society', says family is India's biggest strength
- Poet behind book about US racism wins 2016 'genius grant'
- Debut novel makes Man Booker Prize shortlist—Check out who all made it!
- Astronaut Scott Kelly's memoir being developed as movie
- ‘One Indian Girl’: Look what Chetan Bhagat has to say – Details inside