Nick Cannon to release children's poetry book
Los Angeles: 'America's Got Talent' host Nick Cannon is all set to release an illustrated children's poetry book next year.
'Neon Aliens Ate My Homework and Other Poems' will hit store shelves in March, 2015 and will feature a range of funny, heartwarming and serious poems written by Cannon, who recently split from his wife Mariah Carey, reportedly.
The book will also include illustrations from him and street artists and will combine his love of hip-hop music and poetry. "Writing is at the centre of everything I do as an artist. Doing creative writing - especially writing poetry - is when I felt the calmest and freest. As a kid, it was my escape from the inner-city pitfalls.
"The first important writer in my life was (poet) Shel Silverstein - he made me fall in love with writing and seeing his whimsical sketches got me interested in art. When I was eight years old, I got a spiral notebook and wrote my first poem/rap," he said.
In addition to the poetry book, Cannon will also release a holiday children's book, titled 'Roc and Roe's Twelve Days of Christmas', which was co-written by his estranged wife Carey, in November this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Song out: 'Housefull 3' gang gives you a new party anthem in the form of 'Taang Uthake'! – Watch
- Priyanka Chopra won't refuse a good Bhojpuri film, says mother Madhu Chopra
- Whoa! Mukesh Khanna's 'Shaktimaan' to be back on Indian television?
- Treat your hardworking mom to hair care this summer!
- 'Kaabil' first look poster: Hrithik Roshan’s intense eyes precursor of a massive storm ahead!