From Red Fort to Raisena
The book traces the journey of Shahjahan`s new capital of the Mughal Empire, Shahjahanabad, built on the banks of the river Yamuna in 1638 AD, to New Delhi, the new capital of British-ruled India in 1911.
From Red Fort to Jama Masjid and from Jahanara Bagh to Hayat Bakhsh Bagh, every palace, mosque, bazaar and bagh in the Mughal city was planned to perfection. The new city too was a blend of Mughal architecture and modern aesthetics. This book celebrates the centenary with four essays on different aspects of Delhi`s history.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Justin Timberlake's 'sarcastic' response to Kanye West's VMAs speech
- Glad to revisit gritty genre with 'Udta Punjab': Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Amitabh Bachchan receives 'dirty abusive sms', approaches police
- Watch: Teaser of Anushka Shetty’s ‘Size Zero’
- Real life hot couple raise the heat with skin show for Cosmo