From Red Fort to Raisena
The book traces the journey of Shahjahan`s new capital of the Mughal Empire, Shahjahanabad, built on the banks of the river Yamuna in 1638 AD, to New Delhi, the new capital of British-ruled India in 1911.
From Red Fort to Jama Masjid and from Jahanara Bagh to Hayat Bakhsh Bagh, every palace, mosque, bazaar and bagh in the Mughal city was planned to perfection. The new city too was a blend of Mughal architecture and modern aesthetics. This book celebrates the centenary with four essays on different aspects of Delhi`s history.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Breathtaking! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' teaser 2 introduces Anushka Sharma as Aarfa – Watch
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- Priyanka Chopra attends White House Correspondents' dinner, gets clicked with President Obama
- Inside pictures: Check out the best moments from Bipasha-Karan's wedding, reception