R.D. Burman - The Man and Music
New Delhi: His hit songs flooded the box office; he was the quintessential romantic hero with heartaches, longings and beach-side philosophies. Yet celebrated musician-composer and song-writer Rahul Dev Burman took time to flower into a Bollywood phenomenon.The oft-repeated question: Why?
Despite the moderately successful launch of his career, "Pancham", as he was lovingly called, was unable to leverage the clout that his surname carried in the rather conservative film fraternity in Mumbai.
Producers always wanted Sachin Dev Burman (S.D. Burman), but nobody was willing to experiment with his son, writer Aniruddha Bhattacharjee and Balaji Vittal says in a new biography, "R.D. Burman - The Man and Music" published last week (Harper-Collins India).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!