Carla Bruni not attending Cannes
London: French first lady Carla Bruni has further fuelled pregnancy rumours by bowing out of the Cannes film festival citing "personal and professional" reasons.
The 43-year-old supermodel-turned-singer, who makes a cameo as a museum curator in Woody Allen`s `Midnight in Paris`, said she rues the fact that she is unable to attend the festival, reported The Telegraph.
"I dreamed of going and I regret it but I cannot for personal reasons, and professional reasons, unfortunately," she said in an interview to RTL radio.
It is rumoured that Bruni is expecting twins, but she has refused to confirm the news.
To the question, "Are you expecting a child?," she replied, "It`s a private question. It`s your job to ask it. Mine is not to answer."
"I want to try and protect my private life and family life as much as possible. That`s what I`m trying to do. I know that people understand me. I too have the right to a little protection of my private life. I do not wish to answer questions of a private, family or physiological nature," Bruni added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Behind the scenes: Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel will show you how to have fun – Watch
- ‘Dishoom’ movie tweet review
- When ‘Unindian’ Brett Lee met Kapil Sharma - See pics
- Look what Karisma Kapoor has to say about sister Kareena Kapoor Khan’s baby
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush