Ewan McGregor, Alexander Payne join Cannes jury
London: Hollywood actor Ewan McGregor has been chosen as a jury member at this year’s Cannes Film Festival along with ‘The Descendants’ director Alexander Payne and Wuthering Heights’ Andrea Arnold.
Led by Italian director Nanni Moretti, the line-up will also include French actress Emmanuelle Devos and fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier, the BBC reported.
German actress Diane Kruger, Haitian director Raoul Peck and Palestinian actress Hiam Abbass complete the jury.
The festival opens on May 16, with Bill Murray drama ‘Moonrise Kingdom’.
The Wes Anderson film, which co-stars Bruce Willis and Tilda Swinton, is one of 22 films competing for the Palme d’Or. The nine jury members will select the winner.
British director Andrea Arnold has twice been nominated for the Palme d’Or, for Red Road (2006) and Fish Tank (2009). In both cases, she won the Jury Prize. She won an Oscar in 2003 for her short film ‘Wasp’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baywatch' trailer is out! Lifeguards Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron save the beach, Priyanka Chopra turn heads
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aman Verma and Vandana Lalwani all set to tie the knot on THIS date!
- Anoushka Shankar urges Maharashtra government to help horses
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s pregnancy: Know what mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore has to say