`Dabang Dolly` tag makes Dolly happy
Mumbai: After playing a woman who runs her own parlour and says `cheers` with her mother-in-law in ‘Vicky Donor’, Dolly Ahluwalia is being tagged as ‘Dabang Dolly’ and is happy with the tag.
"I am happy because if I am getting this tag at this age, then it`s a good thing. I am the voice of all the women in the world," Dolly said at a press conference. She won a National Award for best supporting actress for ‘Vicky Donor’.
Her performance had such an influence on director Shashant Shah that he decided to change the final script of his film ‘Bajatey Raho’, a revenge-comedy coming in theatres July 26, to accommodate her.
He roped her in to join Tusshar Kapoor, Ranvir Shorey and Vinay Pathak in the cast.
"Earlier, the story was only about three guys - Tusshar, Ranveer and Vinay. Then I saw `Vicky Donor` and I changed the story because she (Dolly) was fantastic," Shashant said here Monday at the first look launch of ‘Bajatey Raho’.
He added: "When did you last see a 50-plus lady protagonist running the whole show?"
Dolly plays a loud woman in ‘Bajatey Raho’ who plans a revenge on a billionaire, played by Ravi Kishan, guiding the three men - Tusshar, Ranvir and Vinay - in the plan.
It also stars Vishakha Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 725: Sarla reveals the truth behind Pragya's fake pregnancy
- No clash between 'Kaabil' and 'Raees': Hrithik Roshan's thriller drama preponed
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Get set to meet Akshay Kumar aka Jolly in 'Jolly LLB 2'! Teaser poster OUT
- Sunny Leone most searched personality of 2016; trumps superstar Salman Khan!
- Vaani Kapoor looks 'Befikre' on Vogue cover!
- Shah Rukh Khan and family looks PICTURE PERFECT, we say touch wood!
- Deepika Padukone flaunts her love for sports – Here’s how
- Deepika Padukone - a marriage material, says Ranveer Singh; Daddy Prakash Padukone reacts