`El Mariachi` star Peter Marquardt dies at 50
Los Angeles: Actor Peter Marquadt, best known for playing drug lord Moco in Robert Rodriguez`s 1992 classic `El Mariachi`, has passed away aged 50.
The actor-producer died on July 19 in Austin, Texas. The cause of death is uncertain, suggest reports.
Marquadt acted in the middle film in Rodriguez`s `Mexico Trilogy`, in addition to showing up in flashbacks in `Desperado` (1995). He also appeared in the writer-director`s 2003 film `Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over` (2003) and in the 2011 film `The Shadow People`.
The actor got the part of the white-suited drug lord Moco in the 1992 film due to a chance meeting with Rodriguez when they were bunkmates at a medical research facility.
Marquardt more recently worked in the computer game industry.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Social stigma on HIV/AIDS should be pulled down: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Karan Johar yearns to work with Anurag Kashyap again
- Esteemed sarangi maestro Ustad Sabri Khan passes away
- Serena Williams goes nude for 2016 Pirelli Calendar shoot
- 'Bajirao Mastani' vs 'Dilwale': Which one will outshine the other?